By 1920 the population of Hataitai had grown a lot. Hataitai School opened as an offshoot of Roseneath School in 1916 and in 1921 became a school in its own right. The tramline brought easier access and cars had started to appear. This collection of pages will attempt to list many residents of the area at the time. Most names are taken from Stones and Wises directories published in 1920. Browse by street - alphabetical search will be added later.